Possibly the Simplest & Most Effective
Way to Reclaim your mis-sold PPI
We do All the Work
No Upfront Fees
No Cold Calling
Years of Industry Experience
Completely Private & Confidential
Old records obtained (Up to 21 years!)
How it Works
Sign a Single Form to Start the Claim Process.
Do I Qualify?
We establish you were missold PPI & submit the claim.
In as little as 8 weeks you could receive your compensation.
As Featured On
Come see us Face to Face
Come see us in our Dundee based office or we can arrange for one of our team members to pay a personal visit if the situation requires it.
Frequently asked questions
- “How can I find out if I have paid PPI?”
- PPI has been on the go since the early 80’s. Lenders have given it many names, such as Payment Protection Insurance, ASU, PaymentCare, Loan Protector, Payment Guard and ScotGuard.There are many, many more aliases.
- Ideally if have the paperwork, we can tell you immediately if you have had PPI. You can either pop in personally with this to our office, post the documentation to us or even fax or email us. In certain circumstances we can even do a home visit.
- Have a chat with our expert team, that’s all that is normally needed to give a fair indication if it’s something you either currently do pay or have done in the past.
- Let us check back in time for you by using your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. This works particularly well with banks and it’s not unusual for us to recover banking records back as far as 21 years.
- Open an account with www.noddle.co.uk. It’s free for life and allows you full access to your credit file and amongst other things all credit you have taken out or repaid in the last 6 years.
- Check your bank account. Many banks now offer online facilities that can allow you to view your bank statements as long as 10 years ago.
- “How do I know if I can claim?”
PPI may have been mis-sold for a variety of reasons. below. One or more reason may apply and the list is not exhaustive.
- Job benefits. If your employer paid you for a period of time if off work ill. PPI may not have been appropriate for your circumstances.
- Did you have a pre-existing medical conditions at the time of taking the cover ? If this was not disclosed and accepted by the underwriters prior to being put on risk, you may not have been covered in the event of a claim.
- Your loan protection may not have covered the whole period of the loan. For example if you had a secured loan. It would be normal for the repayment term to be in excess of 5 years, but the cover may have only protected you for a maximum period of 5 years, leaving you uninsured for the remainder of the loan term.
- The lender insisted that taking the cover was compulsary. A lending decision was not allowed to be conditional on cover being purchased.
- The sale of a lump sum insurance may not have been appropriate depending how quickly you intended to repay the borrowing.
- You not have been eligible to take the plan depending for example the number of hours that you worked, type of contract or job location.
- You may have had existing insurance protection in place.
- You may have had sufficient savings and investments that made taking the cover inappropriate.
- The policy terms and conditions of the cost of the cover may not have been explained at the outset of taking the policy.
- “How much will I get back?”
This very much varies depending on what the insurance premium was and the passage of time.
For example, if you took a loan in 2000, that went full term and included lump sum PPI of £2,000, then you would recover the premium, the interest on the premium for period over which the loan was paid, PLUS 8% simple interest for each year until the point a mis-selling claim is settled. This interest portion is always payable under deduction of tax at 20%.
Claims made under a policy or current arrears, are likely to affect the final amount of compensation payable. Current and previous debt schemes such as Trust Deeds, IVAs, Sequestrations and Bankruptcies can also have an affect.
If you chose to proceed using the team at Beat the Banks, we need you to ensure that prior to submitting claims, that you bring to our attention any previous or current debt issues.
- How long will it take to get my money back?
The lender normally has up to 8 weeks in which to issue a final decision. Typically most look to acknowledge a claim within four weeks of receipt. Some may even may settle at that point.
At times certain lenders may be under pressure with time limits. For example, as a result of newly announced provisions or FCA enforcement action. If a claim does not receive a final decision within 8 weeks, you have the option at that point to take the matter directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Given the well publicised volume of cases submitted to them, this could delay a final decision by up to two years.
If a claim is rejected by the lender and you do not agree with the decision, you have the right to refer the case to FOS. This must be done within 6 weeks of the final decision letter by the lender. A final decision by FOS can take up to years, although can be much quicker.
Once compensation has been agreed, the lender has 28 days in which to pay compensation. This is normally in the form of a cheque payable to you or via a BACS payment directly into your account.
- How much do we charge?
All our claims are accepted on a “No win to fee basis.” in the event that your claim is not successful, then you pay us nothing. Our success fee is 30% plus VAT at the prevailing rate. This is currently 20%.
For example, if we successfully reclaimed £1,000 on your behalf, then our charge would be £300 and £60 would be payable in VAT. Our fee is charged based on the gross 8% compensation. That is prior to the deduction of tax at 20%, which lenders are obliged by the Inland Revenue to deduct at settlement.
Dependent on your tax position you may be able to recover this amount via your annual tax return.
Our claims experts take great care and attention with each and every single claim and currently our success rate is in excess of 99% (figures collated as at November 2014).
- Dave & Lilian Spain Win
A heartfelt thanks to Mike and his wife Clara for allowing us to fulfil our dreams of moving to Spain. Our PPI payout of £52,500 allowed us to pay off our mortgage. We are now living our dream in Spain. WOW!
- Jackie Dundee Win
Absolutely fantastic service from all the team at Beat the Banks, so friendly and highly efficient. I would highly recommend using their services.
- Colin Dundee Win
Having no paperwork for a couple of loans that I had 14 years ago, I thought I had no chance of a PPI claim. Gary from Beat the Banks proved me wrong!
- Shona Fife Win
Huge thank you to the team. After attempting to claim PPI myself and getting absolutely nowhere, I got Beat the Banks involved and ended up getting of £12,000. What a result. Beat the Banks made it so easy and were committed right to the end. So what are you waiting for, so pick up the phone and beat the banks !
Mike Begg explains Beat The Banks PPI Reclaims Services
Our aim is to maximise your potential PPI compensation, by a combination of a home visit or telephone appointments with our claims experts, plus what we term “financial forensics.”
EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO PAPERWORK WHATSOEVER.